Public Health England data indicate there were 640 new cases of Covid-19 in Cambridge for the week Dec 26th – Jan1st. The data also shows:
- Cambridge rates per 100,000 have increased from 72 on 4th December to 499 on 4th January. This is the highest it has ever been in Cambridge.
- The rates of people over 60 with positive cases has increased to the highest it has ever been in Cambridge – now at 192 per 100,000.
- It will take up to 3 weeks for the Christmas and New Year socialising and household mixing to appear in the data or translate to hospital admissions so we are not at the peak yet
- It will take up to 3 weeks to see any benefits from the lockdown, this trajectory of increased cases is likely to continue to rise before it gets better
- Cases are active and spreading in all age ranges and in all areas of the city, particularly through families and working age people.