Keeping families entertained with a free programme of fun activities courtesy of ChYpPS – our Children and Young People’s Participation Service.
To reserve a place on one of these sessions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a private message on Facebook Follow ChYpPS on Facebook.
Events will stick to the government’s coronavirus guidelines to ensure everybody’s safety during outdoor play sessions.
- The sessions are aimed at local families – we do not encourage travel from outside of Cambridge.
- Gatherings will be no more than 30 people. People should stay in their bubbles and be mindful of social distancing when collecting materials and equipment.
- All shared equipment will be frequently cleaned throughout and given a thorough clean after the session.
The summer programme will run from Monday 26 July to Friday 20 August. It will be a mixture of online activities and play sessions at local parks.
These sessions take place every week until 16 July.
- Mondays, 3.30 to 5pm: Outdoor play on Cherry Hinton recreation ground. Join us for some fun activities! Booking is not required.
- Tuesdays, 3.30 to 5pm: Outdoor play on Orchard Park sports field. Join us for some fun activities! Booking is not required.
- Tuesday, 4 to 5pm: Drawing. Learn some new drawing skills and meet new people. Booking is required for these online sessions.
- Wednesdays, 3.15 to 4.45pm: Outdoor play on Green End Road recreation ground. Join us for some fun activities! Booking is not required.
- Thursdays, 3.30 to 5pm: Outdoor play on Gunhild Close play area. Join us for some fun activities! Booking is not required.
- Fridays, 3.30 to 4.45pm: Outdoor play on Histon Road recreation ground. Join us for some fun activities! Booking is not required.
Catch up on summer 2020 activities
PlayDaze summer activities were online last summer, as the programme couldn’t otherwise be delivered in a way that was safe for all. It provided arts and crafts, quizzes, discos and more to keep children busy.
All the videos of our the online summer activities is available on the YouTube channel, so you can catch up on any you missed.