CAMBRIDGE City Council has launched public consultation and engagement to inform its new Climate Change Strategy for the next five years. As part of the consultation the council is seeking residents’ views on how carbon emissions from Cambridge can be reduced and how the city can reach net zero emissions.
Residents can contribute their views to the consultation by attending one of five online workshops that the council is holding during November. Follow the links to join one of the workshops to reserve your place:
- Workshop 1, Wednesday 4 November, 7 to 8.30pm: General discussion
- Workshop 2, Thursday 12 November, 3 to 4.30pm: Adaptation, biodiversity, and trees
- Workshop 3, Thursday 19 November, 7 to 8.30pm: Housing and buildings
- Workshop 4, Tuesday 24 November, 7 to 8.30pm: Reducing consumption, reuse, recycling, and sustainable food
- Workshop 5, Thursday 26 November, 3.30 to 5pm: General discussion
Or through responding to a consultation survey available on the council’s website https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/news/2020/10/26/council-seeks-residents-views-on-tackling-climate-change