Residents in Cambridgeshire are being urged to get twice-weekly rapid Covid tests. With 1 in 3 people with coronavirus showing no symptoms and potentially spreading it without knowing, rapid testing helps to identify positive cases quickly, preventing the spread of infection.
Rapid testing kits can be accessed, with the following options available:
- You can take a supervised test at The Meadows Community Centre, 1 St Catherine’s Road, Arbury, Cambridge, CB4 3XJ. Book a test visit here.
- Workplace testing: If your employer offers workplace testing, this is still the best route for you to access rapid tests.
- The Abbey Leisure Centre, Overflow Car Park, CB5 8NT operates as an NHS symptomatic testing site in the morning but are currently providing an afternoon collect option, where you can pick up a box of tests to use at home.
- Pharmacy collect: Petersfield Pharmacy at 56 Mill Road tel 01223 354383 is a participating pharmacy. It will enable residents to visit and pick up a free box of tests to use at home.
- Education: Secondary and college students are already being given tests to use at home twice a week, throughout term time and the holidays.
- LFD Direct: For people who can’t access tests through the other routes, you can order a box of tests online or by calling 119, which will be delivered to your home.
Dr Liz Robin, director of public health for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, said: “Getting into the habit of twice-weekly testing will help us all to keep each other safe. This is especially important for anybody who is going back to work next week who will be coming into contact with members of the public.”