The rapid rise in infections in the city means that everyone eligible should get their vaccinations as soon as possible. More than half the current infections are in the 18-24 age group.
The COVID-19 vaccines currently available are given in 2 doses. You usually have the 2nd dose 8 to 12 weeks after the 1st dose.
To get your vaccine you can:
- Attend one of the walk-in centres, where an appointment is not necessary. ( see below)
- book your COVID-19 vaccination appointments online for an appointment at a vaccination centre or pharmacy or call 119 free of charge. You can speak to a translator if you need to.
- wait to be contacted by your GP surgery and book your appointments with them.
Booking your 2nd dose
You’ll need to book a 2nd dose for 8 to 12 weeks after your 1st dose.
- If you have your 1st dose at a walk-in vaccination site, you can book your 2nd COVID-19 vaccination appointment online or call 119. You’ll need to wait 24 hours after your 1st dose before you can book.
- If you book online, you’ll be asked to book appointments for both doses. You can manage your COVID-19 vaccination appointments to view your appointments and rebook if you need to.
- If you have your 1st dose through your GP surgery, you’ll be contacted when it’s time to book your 2nd dose.
Walk-in Centres in Cambridge
Several walk-in centres will be set up during the weekend of 10/11 July, including:
- Meadows Community Centre, 1 St Catherine’s Road, Arbury CB4 3XJ
- Guildhall, Market Square, Cambridge CB2 3QJ
For a second dose of the Astra Zeneca vaccine:
- The Grafton Centre (CB1 1DB) is open from 9am – 3pm daily and from 5.30pm – 7.30pm daily until Aug 1st.
- Chesterton Indoor Bowls Club (Logan’s Way, Cambridge CB4 1BL) from 9am – 3pm daily until August 1st
For a second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, please call 119.