- If you have symptoms of Covid-19 which can include a new continuous cough, high temperature, loss of sense of smell or taste you must isolate for 10 days. To book a test:https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
- Need to isolate – help is available here: https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Have you been told to isolate but your worried about not being paid whilst not working? You might be eligible for a one-off £500 payment to support you whilst you isolate. Find out more here : https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/test-and-trace-support-payment
- Greater evidence is indicating that you can catch coronavirus outside, take extra care in queues, outdoor shopping areas and places where people gatherhttps://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/chris-whitty-warning-lockdown-rules-worst-weeks-bbc-b823282.html
- You can hear Chris Whitty talking about adhering to the rules here.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55612270 Everyone can make a difference by adhering to the rules, minimizing trips and think about every time you leave the house, ask yourself – is it essential?
Professor Chris Whitty:
“It’s the much longer contacts in close proximity that can still happen outdoors – if people, for example, are crowded together in a queue … if they’re really huddled together around a market stall or something, that is a risk with this virus. “And people in that situation, there might be some logic to people thinking about wearing masks, but a much better thing to do is to minimise going out for an unnecessary trip in the first place.”
In light of this, it would be worth changing behaviour if you have not done so already to wear face masks in queues and avoiding queues where-ever possible.
Local delivery schemes
Shop local https://cambridgelocalshops.co.uk
Cambridge market https://www.cambridgemarket.uk