[pdf-embedder url=”https://petersfield.link/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Newsletter-2020-04-19.pdf” title=”Newsletter 2020-04-19″]
This Newsletter has been produced by the Petersfield COVID-19 Network.
It is intended to help and inform Petersfield residents, especially those who are unable to leave their homes because of Government restrictions.
The newsletter contains some of the information on our website, which is at www.petersfield.link. The website will be updated regularly and if you have access to the Internet, you may wish to sign up to the weekly email which will remind you to check the most recent news. You can do this by clicking on the link and subscribing to our email newsletter using the “Subscribe” button at the bottom of the page.
If you would prefer to receive a regular paper copy of the newsletter (such as this one), please fill in the form overleaf and send it to Romsey Mill. The address is: Romsey Mill Centre, Hemingford Road, Cambridge CB1 3BZ (you do not need a stamp if you add “FREEPOST CB1067”) or ring Romsey Mill on 07933 671101.
Cambridge City Council has set up the Cambridge Hub. The Hub can be contacted on 01223 457000 and supports all residents by responding to requests for help.
Many streets already have support groups and communicate with each other through WhatsApp groups. If you would like help in picking up shopping or medication or simply a friendly person to talk with, you can use your local group to send a message and you will be put in touch with a neighbour who will be able to help. If you would prefer to access help through the telephone, then please call Romsey Mill on 07933 671101.
Refuse Collection: The City Council continues to collect bins and from May will also empty green bins again. Although they may not be emptied every time, please put them out on the same day as the blue bins and the Council will empty them at least monthly. The website now enables you to find the exact dates when your bin will be emptied by putting in your postcode. If you have bulky items to remove, the City Council have resumed their bulky waste collections (See also: http://tiny.cc/z1v4nz)
Garden Refuse: City residents are being urged by Cambridge City Council to avoid having bonfires. These add to air pollution and worsen the risk of health problems particularly for those with respiratory conditions. (See also: http://tiny.cc/u3v4nz)
Scams: Do watch out for criminals trying to take advantage of the lockdown.
- Never give a stranger your bank details, bank card or PIN number
- Tax office, Pension Office or Council will not contact you to give you a refund or payment and will not ask for your bank details
- If it seems too good to be true, it is probably a scam
Local shops (see: http://tiny.cc/camC19businesses)
- Mackays: on East Road is open for essential needs. All its staff are well protected with masks and face shields.
Shops and supermarkets
- Al Amin: you can go in to shop or order click and collect by email email@example.com If you are shielding and can’t
- go out you can order a delivery using firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bacchanalia: 01223 315034 email@example.com collection or it can be put in your boot
- Brother’s supermarket: open 10 to 9pm Mon to Sun
- Mill Road Butchers: open Tues to Sat 8.30 to 4.30pm
- Full Circle: 01223 358158 firstname.lastname@example.org collection & delivery available
- Petersfield pubs, cafes and restaurants open for takeaway or delivery
- Al Casbah: open for takeaway and delivery via Deliveroo and UberEats
- Bedouin: 07786433438 takeaway or delivery
- Cambridge Blue: 01223 471680 Pies, fish and chips and beer to collect 12 to 9pm
- Carlos BBQ: order in person for takeaway or delivery via Deliveroo & Just Eat
- Curry Queen: open for takeaway or delivery
- Gourmet Grill: 01223 575086 take away
- Little Petra: 01223 470784 collection or delivery
- Maurizio Dining: 07957735844 free delivery for pizzas 12-2pm & 5-9pm
- Modigliani: (coffee): 07946557140 takeaway and delivery via Deliveroo 9am -3pm
- Rotana Café: 01223 352299 collection or delivery
- Samaan: 01223 478804 order online via Deliveroo, Just Eat, Uber Eats or Foodhub
- Spring restaurant: 01223 352836 take away
- The Geldart: open for takeaway food Thurs-Sun. Order online at http://tiny.cc/epx4nz
- Zi’s Piri Piri: 01223 300111 11.30am to 11.30pm
- Petersfield Pharmacy: 9-6 Monday to Friday
- Well Cambridge on York street: 8:30-6 Monday to Friday
- Mosque closed but you can make donations online at https://cambridgemosque.com/
- St Barnabas Church online service Sunday 10.30am & 8pm https://stbs.online.church/
- Olem online service Sunday 9 & 10am and weekdays 7 & 7:50am https://olem.org.uk/
- Cambridge Buddhist Centre online meditation https://cambridgebuddhistcentre.com/
Please send paper copies of the newsletter (normal / large print) to / make contact with (delete as applicable):