[pdf-embedder url=”https://petersfield.link/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Newsletter-18th-May.pdf” title=”Newsletter 18th May”]
This Newsletter is the second in a series which has been produced by the Petersfield COVID-19 Network. It is intended to help and inform Petersfield residents, especially those who are unable to leave their homes because of Government restrictions.
If you have useful information which would be of benefit to other residents in Petersfield please contact Romsey Mill with details and we will consider using it in future newsletters.
If you know someone who would like to receive the paper version of this newsletter, please ask them to contact Romsey Mill via phone or via post: Romsey Mill Centre, Hemingford Road, Cambridge CB1 3BZ (you do not need a stamp if you add “FREEPOST CB1067”) or call 07933 671101.
Romsey Mill can also offer assistance by putting you in contact with volunteers who can help collecting shopping and medication. In addition, Cambridge City Council has set up the Cambridge Hub. The Hub can be contacted on 01223 457000 and supports all residents by responding to requests for help.
During the lockdown, there has been a significant increase in domestic violence. If you have been subject to violence or abuse at home, you can make use of the Safe Spaces at Boots and Superdrug stores. These are being provided under the banner ‘UK SAYS NO MORE’. All Boots & Superdrug stores will facilitate their consultation rooms as Safe Spaces, enabling victims of domestic abuse to access specialist domestic abuse support. Ask at the healthcare counter to use the Safe Space. The Safe Space will have information on national helplines and how to download the Bright Sky app, which provides information on local, specialist domestic abuse services and other resources. You will be able to make telephone calls, use WiFi and find sympathetic support. A list of your local Boots and Superdrug stores is available below.
For ideas on creative activities to do at home, the City Council have produced a newsletter ‘Creative at Home’, for City residents. It comes out fortnightly and to subscribe visit this link: http://eepurl.com/g1ymDn. To request the current edition send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with CAH in the subject line.
The Covid-19 pandemic brings big challenges to our mental health. 10 days of Happiness is an online coaching programme, which guides you through daily actions for happier living.
Learn how to be happier at www.10daysofhappiness.org
The community mental health team in Cambridge is collecting tomato, chilli and pepper plants (or seedlings) for their service users. If you would like to donate any of these to the project, you can leave them in a box inside the door at Union House on Union Lane. The door opens automatically so there is no need to have any contact with people to make the donations. So far twenty people have been given gardening packs and there is plenty of demand.
Bulky waste and recycling
The council has resumed bulky waste collections, but they are currently limited to 3 items. Please check the link for further information on types of items, prices and to arrange a collection. https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/arrange-a-bulky-waste-collection
Milton household recycling centre has re-opened from 11th May. The centre is only open for waste and recycling that cannot be stored at home without causing risk or injury to health, and there are restrictions on the types of vehicles allowed. http://tiny.cc/ify5oz
Local businesses open for pick up, take-away or delivery
- Cambridge Vinopolis: 1A Devonshire Road, tel 470491, wine, beer and spirits shop. Open Tues-Sat 11.30am-6pm.
- Cambridge Cookery School: Purbeck Road, tel 247620 – a range of meals (vegetarian, curry, BBQ), baked goods, and beverages Thurs-Sun 9am.
- Ducedo Patisserie: 60 Hills Road, tel 364111 – opening times on website
- Maison Clément: 28 Hills Road, tel 324983 – French boulangerie. Hours may differ
- Espresso Library: 210 East Road, breakfast, brunch and lunch open 7.30am – 12pm
- Modigliani: 54A Mill Road, tel 07496557140, Coffee Italian specialities open from 9am
- Signorelli’s Deli: 17 Burleigh Street, tel 352168, pasta, pizza & desserts delivered.
- Norfolk Street Bakery: 89 Norfolk street (tel 660163) & 7 Station road (330999) Just turn up or order and collect 7.30am-5.30pm on weekdays, 8.30am-2.30pm on Saturdays.
- Arjuna Wholefoods: 12 Mill Rd, tel 01223 364845 to request a delivery slot, then order.
- Co-op Supermarket: 177 Mill Road, sign-up for deliveries: https://quickshop.coop.co.uk/
- Davies Pharmacy: 50 Hills Rd Cambridge, 01223 352086, deliveries available.
- Boots: 5-6 Grafton Centre, 320 Cambridge Retail Park, 28 Petty Curry.
- Superdrug: 59 Sidney Street, 38 Fitzroy Street.