[pdf-embedder url=”https://petersfield.link/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Newsletter-4-2020-06-01.pdf” title=”Newsletter 4 2020-06-01″]
Newsletter 4 – 1st June 2020
This Newsletter has been produced by the Petersfield COVID-19 Network. It is intended to help and inform Petersfield residents, especially those who are unable to leave their homes because of Government restrictions.
If you have information which would be of benefit to other residents in Petersfield please contact Romsey Mill with details and we will consider using it in future newsletters.
If you know someone who would like to receive the paper version of this newsletter, please ask them to contact Romsey Mill via phone or via post: Romsey Mill Centre, Hemingford Road, Cambridge CB1 3BZ (you do not need a stamp if you add “FREEPOST CB1067”) or call 07933 671101.
Romsey Mill can also offer assistance by putting you in contact with volunteers who can help collecting shopping and medication. In addition, Cambridge City Council has set up the Cambridge Hub. The Hub can be contacted on 01223 457000 and supports all residents by responding to requests for help.
Test and Trace
From Thursday May 28th, the Government has introduced new measures to reduce the infection rate from Coronavirus.
Part 1: for someone with symptoms of coronavirus
- isolate: as soon as you experience coronavirus symptoms for at least 7 days. Anyone else in your household must self-isolate for 14 days from when you started having symptoms
- test: order a test immediately at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119 if you have no internet access
- results: if your test is positive, you must complete the remainder of your 7-day self-isolation. Anyone in your household must also complete self-isolation for 14 days from when you started having symptoms.
- If you test positive for coronavirus, the NHS test and trace service will send you a text or email alert or call you with instructions of how to share details of people with whom you have had close, recent contact and places you have visited.
Part 2: You will be contacted by the NHS test and trace service if you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus and you will be told to self-isolate for at least 14 days.
Easing the Lockdown
- From today, people are allowed to spend more time outdoors
- They will be able to go to parks and beaches to sunbathe, have a picnic and go fishing
- Outdoor sports courts can reopen, including tennis and basketball courts as well as golf courses
- People will also be able to see one person from another household, as long as they follow social distance guidance
- This follows scientific advice that the risk of infection outside is significantly lower than inside
- All of the new regulations are subject to social distancing rules
Local Shops open for Delivery and/or Collection
- Arjuna Wholefoods 12 Mill Rd. Will Deliver on Weds or Fridays in Cambridge. Min purchase £50, plus £5 collation charge. Request a delivery slot then order. Phone: 01223 364845: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cambridge Co-op 177 Mill Road. Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours. Phone 01223 210661
Pret a Manger Unit 4, 1, Station Square. Phone 01223 357461.