It is against the law to leave your home to travel unless for work or other legally permitted reasons.
If you need to travel you should stay local – meaning avoiding travelling outside of your village, town or the part of a city where you live – and look to reduce the number of journeys you make overall.
You can help control COVID-19 and travel safely by walking and cycling, if you can. Where this is not possible, use public transport or drive.
You can also help control COVID-19 by:
- working from home where possible
- observing social contact rules
- keeping your distance when you travel, where possible
- washing or sanitising your hands regularly
- planning ahead and avoiding the busiest routes, as well as busy times like the rush hour
downloading the NHS COVID-19 app before you travel, if possible, and checking in where you see official NHS COVID-19 QR code posters