During the coronavirus crisis, UK SAYS NO MORE has been working to ensure victims of domestic abuse across the UK can access vital support in a safe space. Today they launched the Safe Spaces scheme with Boots UK. All Boots UK stores will facilitate their consultation rooms as Safe Spaces, enabling victims of domestic abuse to access specialist domestic abuse support services.
How it works
- All Boots UK stores will facilitate their consultation room as a Safe Space.
- A poster will indicate to Boots customers that they can ask at the healthcare counter to use the Safe Space.
- The Safe Space will have information on national helplines and how to download the Bright Sky app, which provides information on local, specialist domestic abuse services and other resources.
How you can help
You can help to raise awareness of Safe Spaces:
- Download the social media toolkit, with social media graphics and suggested posts, and post about the scheme online.
- If your local pharmacy is not Boots UK, you can contact them and ask them to get on board with the Safe Spaces scheme.
For more information, please head to the webpage uksaysnomore.org/safespaces.